The goal of the Religious Education Ministry Program is to teach our faith in an uncompromising Christian manner while providing an atmosphere of the highest quality learning and care. Each child is seen as a unique individual and a future leader in our faith, and it is our goal to help our children reach that potential.
The Cure d’Ars Religious Education Ministry encompasses several programs:
- Children’s Church: Children (ages 3-4) will be taught basic concepts and ideas of the gospel readings of the day, and will engage in activities and songs that will reinforce the teachings of the gospel message.
- Religious Education (Grades K-8): The BLEST ARE WE series is used by our program.
- Rite of Catholic Initiation for Children (RCIC): This is for children who have not been baptized, who are older than seven years of age, and who wish to become Catholic.
- Confirmation: This program is for children who have been baptized and have or are preparing to receive the Sacrament of the First Eucharist.
- Religious Education at home: Since all of the lessons are not covered in the Religious Education classes, there are some lessons that will be expected to be taught at home. We recommend families should allocate a minimum of thirty minutes per week of teaching at home in order to keep consistent with the learning process.
For any questions, please call the Parish Office at 303-322-1119.